Tuesday 5 June 2007


Puppy love. An interesting topic. Puppy love is an adolescent love or infatuation, puppy love means temporary love of an adolescent, and love itself means a strong positive emotion of regard and affection. The term is often used in a derogatory fashion, describing emotions which are shallow and evanescent in contract to other forms of love such as romantic love.


There is often, initially, more emphasis on the emotions than on physical pleasure. Puppy love, also commonly known as a "crush", can also describe the love or lust of a child or adolescent for an adult. For example; a girl being attracted to her teacher.


If you love someone because you think that he or she is really gorgeous then it's not love... it's ~INFATUATION ~......


Yeah... That’s what I mean. This type of feeling called infatuation. The term may meet with resistance from some young people as patronising and belittling of genuine emotion. Infatuation is based on fantasy and is often consuming and exhausting. Sometimes, it can lower down our self-esteem because we eager for our beloved ones’ attention. During Elizabethan times, puppy was known as “calf-love”.


A famous example can be found in William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. This story tell us about a young man, Romeo Montague who’s infatuated with a girl named Rosaline before finding his true love with Juliet Capulet. To be sure, there are many people who had faced puppy love. It seems that most teenagers are getting involved and interested with the opposite sex as a form of leisure. Those people, I think, have very short memories, and no longer recall the realities of their first love experiences.


Frequently, puppy love happen we are still in the secondary school. An unforgettable and the most wonderful moment one ever had. Those sad and happy days we had. My first love experience is still lingered on my head. I’ve a crush on someone when I was in Form 3. Too young huh. I was a former of a girl school in Klang area, Convent. Yeah… GO GO GO Convent Girlz!!!


“Listen to our motto,
Guiding us as we go..
Simple in our virtue,
Steadfast in our work…
Life is full of challenge
Be willing to share…”


Those are the first verse of my school song… Ahh… Forgot the lyrics already. I can still remember when I met him for the first time. It happens when I want to make a tinkle to my dad, asking him to take me home at the bus station. What a gentlemen of him (good-looking boy too). He let me use the balance of his coin and he refused when I wanted to return his coin. My friend told me that he is my petsist’s brother. Huhu.. What a small world.


Thought that we can’t even meet again but on mid July, I’ve attend a PMR Seminar which was held in KL. Accidentally, I met him again. Dup dap dup dap. I think a cupid has arched me. From that moment, we get closer and closer. Okay, enough. That’s all I can tell. The rest of the story is SECRET.


"It is wrong to think that Love comes from long companionship or persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of a spiritual affinity, and unless that affinity is created IN A MOMENT, it will not be created in years or even generations."


Puppy love is the most wonderful thing among teenagers. It is very real and powerful. Conceivably at no other time in our lives are the joys and pains felt as strongly, or experienced more deeply. I’ve read news about puppy love. The news said that most teenagers who are in love have a higher risk for depression, alcohol problems and delinquency than teens who do not get romantically involved. And love-sick girls, especially younger ones, are at an even higher risk for depression than boys. See, how love can really affect someone.


“It’s taking a minute to know someone, About an hour to have a crush on someone, But it takes a lifetime to forget someone…”


That’s true. One of the relationships that lasted about a month has taken several months from which to recover. It was so difficult for the girl especially to recover from it. We can see many real feelings were put on the line during that very short period of time.


There can be many stories of the teenage lovers and as such we can find that they turn out to be successful as well as not successful. Rather we find that this teenage love has more of a sexual tendency. So in a manner according to me it is really not true love but there can be exceptions.

0 criticS: